Pronunciation: (ä' lä, ä' lu; Fr. a la),[key] 1. according to; in the manner of: a short poem à la Ogden Nash. 2. Cookery. a. prepared in the manner of, to the taste of, or by: chicken à la provençale. b. prepared with the ingredient of. Also,a la.
Pronunciation: (ā'lu),[key] —n., —pl.a•laePronunciation: (ā'lē).[key] 1. a wing.
2. a winglike part, process, or expansion, as of a bone, shell, seed, or stem.
3. either of the two side petals of a flower in the legume family, as the pea.
4. (in an ancient Roman house) a small room, as an alcove, opening into a larger room or courtyard.
Pronunciation: (ä'lä),[key] —n. Hus•sein Pronunciation: (hoo-sān'),[key] 1888–1964, Iranian statesman and diplomat: premier in 1951 and from 1955 to 1957.
1. American Library Association.
2. Associate in Liberal Arts.
3. Authors League of America.
4. Automobile Legal Association.