Pronunciation: (ä'ä),[key] —n. basaltic lava having a rough surface. Also,a'a.Cf. pahoehoe.
1. See administrative assistant. 2. See Alcoholics Anonymous. 3. antiaircraft.
4. See author's alteration.
—Symbol. 1. a proportional shoe width size, narrower than A and wider than AAA.
2. the smallest proportional brassiere cup size.
3. a quality rating for a corporate or municipal bond, lower than AAA and higher than A.
4. Elect.a battery size for 1.5 volt dry cells: diameter, 0.6 in. (1.4 cm); length, 2 in. (5 cm).
5. Brit.a designation for motion pictures certified as unsuitable for children under 14 unless accompanied by an adult. Cf. A (def. 11), U (def. 5), X (def. 9).
—Symbol. (in prescriptions) ana2. Also,āa
1. See Alcoholics Anonymous. 2. antiaircraft.
3. antiaircraft artillery.
4. Associate in Accounting.
5. See Associate of Arts. 6. See author's alteration.