Pronunciation: (u-kom"u-dā'shun),[key] —n. 1. the act of accommodating; state or process of being accommodated; adaptation.
2. adjustment of differences; reconciliation.
3. Sociol.a process of mutual adaptation between persons or groups, usually achieved by eliminating or reducing hostility, as by compromise or arbitration.
4. anything that supplies a need, want, favor, convenience, etc.
5. Usually, accommodations. a. lodging.
b. food and lodging.
c. a seat, berth, or other facilities for a passenger on a train, plane, etc.
6. readiness to aid or please others; obligingness.
7. a loan.
8. Ophthalm.the automatic adjustment by which the eye adapts itself to distinct vision at different distances.
9. See accommodation bill.