Pronunciation: (u-kôrd'),[key] —v.i. to be in agreement or harmony; agree.
—v.t. 1. to make agree or correspond; adapt.
2. to grant; bestow: to accord due praise. 3. Archaic.to settle; reconcile.
—n. 1. proper relationship or proportion; harmony.
2. a harmonious union of sounds, colors, etc.
3. consent or concurrence of opinions or wills; agreement.
4. an international agreement; settlement of questions outstanding among nations.
5. of one's own accord, without being asked or told; voluntarily: We did the extra work of our own accord.