—n.âr'ē-ul), Strict Standards: Non-static method FenSites::linkTo() should not be called statically in /site/html/dictionary/aerial.html on line 85 [key]
1. of, in, or produced by the air: aerial currents.
2. inhabiting or frequenting the air: aerial creatures.
3. operating on a track or cable elevated above the ground: an aerial ski lift up the mountainside.
4. reaching far into the air; high; lofty: aerial spires.
5. partaking of the nature of air; airy.
6. unsubstantial; visionary: aerial fancies.
7. having a light and graceful beauty; ethereal: aerial music.
8. Biol.growing in the air, as the adventitious roots of some trees.
9. pertaining to or used for, against, or in aircraft.
10. supplied or performed by means of aircraft: aerial support; aerial reconnaissance.
1. a radio or television antenna.
2. Football.See forward pass.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.