Pronunciation: (u-gāp', u-gap'), [key]
1. with the mouth wide open, as in wonder, surprise, or eagerness: We stood there agape at the splendor.
2. wide open: his mouth agape.
Pronunciation: (ä-gä'pā, ä'gu-pā", ag'u-), [key]
—pl. -paePronunciation: (-pī, -pī", -pē"), [key] -paiPronunciation: (-pī, -pī") [key] for 3.
1. the love of God or Christ for humankind.
2. the love of Christians for other persons, corresponding to the love of God for humankind.
3. unselfish love of one person for another without sexual implications; brotherly love.
4. See love feast (defs. 1, 2).
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.