Pronunciation: (bā'kur),[key] —n. 1. a person who bakes.
2. a person who makes and sells bread, cake, etc.
3. a small portable oven.
4. (usually cap.) a code word used in communications to represent the letter B.
Pronunciation: (bā'kur),[key] —n. 1. Sir Benjamin, 1840–1907, English engineer.
2. George Pierce, 1866–1935, U.S. critic, author, and professor of drama.
3. Howard H(enry),Jr., born 1925, U.S. politician: senator 1967–85.
4. Dame Janet, born 1933, English mezzo-soprano.
5. Josephine, 1906–75, French entertainer, born in the U.S.
6. Newton Diehl Pronunciation: (dēl),[key] 1871–1937, U.S. lawyer: Secretary of War 1916–21.
7. Ray Stan•nard Pronunciation: (stan'urd)[key](“David Grayson”), 1870–1946, U.S. author.
8. Mount, a mountain in NW Washington, in the Cascade Range: highest peak, 10,750 ft. (3277 m).
9. a town in central Louisiana. 12,865.