Pronunciation: (bôld'win),[key] —n. 1. James, 1924-87, U.S. writer.
2. James Mark, 1861–1934, U.S. psychologist.
3. Lo•am•mi Pronunciation: (lō-am'ī),[key] 1740–1807, U.S. civil engineer and developer of the Baldwin apple.
4. Mat•thi•as William Pronunciation: (mu-thī'us),[key] 1795–1866, U.S. inventor, manufacturer, and philanthropist.
5. Roger, 1884–1981, U.S. advocate of constitutional rights: a founder of the American Civil Liberties Union.
6. Stanley(1st Earl Baldwin of Bewdley), 1867–1947, British statesman: prime minister 1923–24, 1924–29, 1935–37.
7. a variety of red, or red and yellow, winter apple, grown esp. in the northeast U.S.
8. a town on S Long Island, in SE New York. 31,630.
9. a city in W Pennsylvania, near Pittsburgh. 24,598.