Pronunciation: (bēk),[key] —n. 1. the bill of a bird; neb.
2. any similar horny mouthpart in other animals, as the turtle or duckbill.
3. anything beaklike or ending in a point, as the spout of a pitcher.
4. Slang.a person's nose.
5. Entomol.proboscis (def. 3).
6. Bot.a narrowed or prolonged tip.
7. Naut.(formerly) a metal or metal-sheathed projection from the bow of a warship, used to ram enemy vessels; ram; rostrum.
8. Typography.a serif on the arm of a character, as of a K. 9. Also called bird's beak.Archit.a pendant molding forming a drip, as on the soffit of a cornice.
10. Chiefly Brit. Slang. a. a judge; magistrate.
b. a schoolmaster.