Pronunciation: (bēt'n), [key]
1. formed or shaped by blows; hammered: a dish of beaten brass.
2. much trodden; commonly used: a beaten path.
3. defeated; vanquished; thwarted.
4. overcome by exhaustion; fatigued by hard work, intense activity, etc.
5. (of food) whipped up, pounded, pulverized, or the like: adding three beaten eggs.
6. off the beaten track or path, novel; uncommon; out of the ordinary: a tiny shop that was off the beaten track.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.