Pronunciation: (bu-lij'ur-unt), Strict Standards: Non-static method FenSites::linkTo() should not be called statically in /site/html/dictionary/belligerent.html on line 79 [key]
1. warlike; given to waging war.
2. of warlike character; aggressively hostile; bellicose: a belligerent tone.
3. waging war; engaged in war: a peace treaty between belligerent powers.
4. pertaining to war or to those engaged in war: belligerent rights.
1. a state or nation at war.
2. a member of the military forces of such a state.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.