—n. 1. any small, usually stoneless, juicy fruit, irrespective of botanical structure, as the huckleberry, strawberry, or hackberry.
2. Bot.a simple fruit having a pulpy pericarp in which the seeds are embedded, as the grape, gooseberry, currant, or tomato.
3. a dry seed or kernel, as of wheat.
4. the hip of the rose.
5. one of the eggs of a lobster, crayfish, etc.
6. the berries,Older Slang.someone or something very attractive or unusual.
—v.i. 1. to gather or pick berries: We went berrying this morning. 2. to bear or produce berries.
Pronunciation: (ber'ē; for 2 also Fr. be-rē'),[key] —n. 1. Charles Edward Anderson(“Chuck”), born 1926, U.S. rock-'n'-roll singer, musician, and composer.
2. Also,Ber'ri.a former province in central France.