Pronunciation: (bī"sen-ten'ē-ul), Strict Standards: Non-static method FenSites::linkTo() should not be called statically in /site/html/dictionary/bicentennial.html on line 75 [key]
1. pertaining to or in honor of a 200th anniversary: bicentennial celebration; a bicentennial exposition.
2. consisting of or lasting 200 years: a bicentennial period.
3. occurring every 200 years: the bicentennial return of a comet.
1. a 200th anniversary: The United States had its bicentennial in 1976.
2. a celebration of such an anniversary. Also, esp. Brit.,bicentenary.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.