Pronunciation: (boi),[key] —n. 1. a male child, from birth to full growth, esp. one less than 18 years of age.
2. a young man who lacks maturity, judgment, etc.
3. Informal.a grown man, esp. when referred to familiarly: He liked to play poker with the boys. 4. a son: Sam's oldest boy is helping him in the business. 5. a male who is from or native to a given place.
6. boys,(used with a sing. or pl. v.) a. a range of sizes from 8 to 20 in garments made for boys.
b. a garment in this size range.
c. the department or section of a store where these garments are sold.
7. boys,military personnel, esp. combat soldiers: Support the boys overseas. 8. Disparaging and Offensive.a man considered by the speaker to be inferior in race, nationality, or occupational status.
9. a young male servant; page.
10. Offensive.(in India, China, Japan, etc.) a native male servant, working as a butler, waiter, houseboy, etc.
11. Naut.an apprentice seaman or fisherman.
—interj. an exclamation of wonder, approval, etc., or of displeasure or contempt.