Pronunciation: (brand),[key] —n. 1. kind, grade, or make, as indicated by a stamp, trademark, or the like: the best brand of coffee. 2. a mark made by burning or otherwise, to indicate kind, grade, make, ownership, etc.
3. a mark formerly put upon criminals with a hot iron.
4. any mark of disgrace; stigma.
5. See branding iron.
6. a kind or variety of something distinguished by some distinctive characteristic: The movie was filled with slapstick—a brand of humor he did not find funny. 7. a burning or partly burned piece of wood.
8. Archaic.a sword.
—v.t. 1. to label or mark with or as if with a brand.
2. to mark with disgrace or infamy; stigmatize.
3. to impress indelibly: The plane crash was branded on her mind.
Pronunciation: (brand),[key] —n. 1. Oscar, born 1920, U.S. folk singer, born in Canada.
2. a male given name.