1. a word, name, symbol, etc., esp. one legally registered as a trademark, used by a manufacturer or merchant to identify its products distinctively from others of the same type and usually prominently displayed on its goods, in advertising, etc.
2. a product, line of products, or service bearing a widely known brand name.
3. Informal.a person who is notable or famous, esp. in a particular field: The reception was replete with brand names from politics and the arts.
Pronunciation: (brand'nām"), Strict Standards: Non-static method FenSites::linkTo() should not be called statically in /site/html/dictionary/brand-name.html on line 90 [key]
1. having or being a brand name: nationally known brand-name food products.
2. Informal.widely familiar; well-known: Several brand-name personalities will be performing at the benefit.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.