Pronunciation: (brā'kur),[key] —n. 1. a person or thing that breaks.
2. a wave that breaks or dashes into foam.
3. CB Radio Slang.a person who indicates a wish to transmit a message, as by breaking in on a channel.
4. Also called break'er strip".Auto.a strip of fabric under the tread of a pneumatic tire casing, designed to protect the carcass.
5. Textiles. a. brake1 (def. 4).
b. a machine that separates the fiber from foreign matter in preparation for the carding process.
6. Also calledprairie breaker. a plow with a long, low moldboard for turning virgin land.
7. Elect.See circuit breaker. 8. Mining. a. a building where coal delivered from a mine is broken up and sorted.
b. a machine that reduces large lumps of coal or ore to a size that can be accommodated by a conveyor belt.
9. a break dancer.
—interj. CB Radio Slang.(used to announce that a person is about to transmit a message or question on a channel, esp. one already in use.)
Pronunciation: (brā'kur),[key] —n.Naut. a small water cask for use in a boat.