Pronunciation: (buk'skin"),[key] —n. 1. the skin of a buck or deer.
2. a strong, soft, yellowish or grayish leather, originally prepared from deerskins, now usually from sheepskins.
3. buckskins,breeches or shoes made of buckskin.
4. a stiff, firm, starched cotton cloth with a smooth surface and napped back.
5. a sturdy wool fabric constructed in satin weave, napped and cropped short to provide a smooth finish, and used in the manufacture of outer garments.
6. a person, esp. a backwoodsman, dressed in buckskin.
7. a horse the color of buckskin.
—adj. 1. made of buckskin: buckskin gloves. 2. having the color of buckskin; yellowish or grayish.