Pronunciation: (bool),[key] —n. 1. the male of a bovine animal, esp. of the genus Bos, with sexual organs intact and capable of reproduction.
2. the male of certain other animals, as the elephant and moose.
3. a large, solidly built person.
4. a person who believes that market prices, esp. of stocks, will increase (opposed to bear).
5. (cap.) Astron.,Astrol.the constellation or sign of Taurus.
6. a bulldog.
7. Slang.a police officer.
8. bull in a china shop, an awkward or clumsy person.
9. take the bull by the horns, to attack a difficult or risky problem fearlessly.
—adj. 1. male.
2. of, pertaining to, or resembling a bull, as in strength.
3. having to do with or marked by a continuous trend of rising prices, as of stocks: a bull market.
—v.t. 1. Stock Exchange.to attempt to raise the price of.
2. to speculate in, in expectation of a rise in price.
3. to force; shove: to bull one's way through a crowd. 4. Naut.to ram (a buoy).
Pronunciation: (bool),[key] —n. 1. a bulla or seal.
2. Rom. Cath. Ch.a formal papal document having a bulla attached.
Pronunciation: (bool),[key] —n.Slang. 1. exaggerations; lies; nonsense.
2. shoot the bull, to talk aimlessly: We just sat around shooting the bull.