Pronunciation: (boolz'ī"),[key] —n., —pl.-eyes. 1. the circular spot, usually black or outlined in black, at the center of a target marked with concentric circles and used in target practice.
2. a shot that hits this.
3. the center or central area of a military target, as of a town or factory, in a bombing raid.
4. a missile that strikes the central area of a target.
5. the coordinates or instance of aiming and firing a missile that results in its hitting the center of a target.
6. Informal. a. any statement or act that is precisely to the point or achieves a desired result directly.
b. something that is decisive or crucial; crux.
7. a small circular opening or window.
8. a thick disk or lenslike piece of glass inserted in a roof, ship's deck, etc., to admit light.
9. Optics.a lens of short focal length.
10. a lantern equipped with a lens of this sort.
11. Naut.an oval or circular wooden block having a groove around it and a hole in the center, through which to reeve a rope.
12. Meteorol.(formerly) the eye of a storm.
13. a large, round piece of peppermint-flavored hard candy.