Pronunciation: (bûr'dn),[key] —n. 1. that which is carried; load: a horse's burden of rider and pack. 2. that which is borne with difficulty; obligation; onus: the burden of leadership. 3. Naut. a. the weight of a ship's cargo.
b. the carrying capacity of a ship.
4. Mining.overburden (def. 3).
5. Metall.the minerals charged into a blast furnace or steelmaking furnace.
6. Accounting.overhead (def. 6).
—v.t. 1. to load heavily.
2. to load oppressively; trouble.
Pronunciation: (bûr'dn),[key] —n. 1. the main point, message, or idea.
2. Music.the refrain or recurring chorus of a song.