Pronunciation: (ku-det'),[key] —n. 1. a student in a national service academy or private military school or on a training ship.
2. a student in training for service as a commissioned officer in the U.S. Army, Air Force, or Coast Guard. Cf. midshipman (def. 1).
3. a trainee in a business or profession.
4. a younger son or brother.
5. the youngest son.
6. (formerly) a gentleman, usually a younger son, who entered the army to prepare for a subsequent commission.
7. Also calledcadet' blue'. a grayish to strong blue color.
8. Also calledcadet' gray'. a bluish-gray to purplish-blue color.
9. Slang.a pimp.
Pronunciation: (ku-det'),[key] —n.Russ. Hist. a member of the former Constitutional Democratic party.