Pronunciation: (ku-non'i-kul), Strict Standards: Non-static method FenSites::linkTo() should not be called statically in /site/html/dictionary/canonical.html on line 77 [key]
1. pertaining to, established by, or conforming to a canon or canons.
2. included in the canon of the Bible.
3. authorized; recognized; accepted: canonical works.
4. Math.(of an equation, coordinate, etc.) in simplest or standard form.
5. following the pattern of a musical canon.
6. Ling.(of a form or pattern) characteristic, general or basic: the canonical form of the past tense; a canonical syllable pattern.
canonicals,garments prescribed by canon law for clergy when officiating.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.