Pronunciation: (kā'pur),[key] —v.i. to leap or skip about in a sprightly manner; prance; frisk; gambol.
—n. 1. a playful leap or skip.
2. a prank or trick; harebrained escapade.
3. a frivolous, carefree episode or activity.
4. Slang.a criminal or illegal act, as a burglary or robbery.
5. cut a caper. See cut (def. 44a).
Pronunciation: (kā'pur),[key] —n. 1. a spiny shrub, Capparis spinosa, of Mediterranean regions, having roundish leaves and solitary white flowers.
2. its flower bud, which is pickled and used for garnish or seasoning. Cf. caper family.