Pronunciation: (kär'tur),[key] —n. 1. Bennett Lester(Benny), born 1907, U.S. jazz saxophonist and composer.
2. Don(ald James), born 1926, U.S. bowler.
3. Elliott (Cook, Jr.), born 1908, U.S. composer.
4. Hod•ding Pronunciation: (hod'ing),[key] 1907–72, U.S. journalist and publisher.
5. Howard, 1873–1939, English Egyptologist.
6. James Earl,Jr.(Jimmy), born 1924, 39th president of the U.S. 1977–81.
7. Mrs. Leslie(Caroline Louise Dudley), 1862–1937, U.S. actress.
8. May•belle Pronunciation: (mā'bel"),[key](“Mother Maybelle Carter”), 1909–78, U.S. country-and-western singer and guitarist.
9. Nick, pen name of authors who wrote detective-story series in which Nick Carter, created by John R. Coryell, is the main character.
10. a male given name.