Pronunciation: (chan'su-lur, -slur, chän'-),[key] —n. 1. the chief minister of state in certain parliamentary governments, as in Germany; prime minister; premier.
2. the chief administrative officer in certain American universities.
3. a secretary, as to a king or noble or of an embassy.
4. the priest in charge of a Roman Catholic chancery.
5. the title of various important judges and other high officials.
6. (in some states of the U.S.) the judge of a court of equity or chancery.
7. Brit.the honorary, nonresident, titular head of a university. Cf. vice-chancellor.