—n. 1. the curd of milk separated from the whey and prepared in many ways as a food.
2. a definite mass of this substance, often in the shape of a wheel or cylinder.
3. something of similar shape or consistency, as a mass of pomace in cider-making.
4. Informal.partly digested milk curds sometimes spit up by infants.
5. cheeses,any of several mallows, esp. Malva neglecta, a sprawling,weedy plant having small lavender or white flowers and round, flat, segmented fruits thought to resemble little wheels of cheese.
6. Slang(vulgar). smegma.
7. Metalworking. a. a transverse section cut from an ingot, as for making into a tire.
b. an ingot or billet made into a convex, circular form by blows at the ends.
8. a low curtsy.
—v.i. Informal.(of infants) to spit up partly digested milk curds.
—v.t. Metalworking.to forge (an ingot or billet) into a cheese.
Pronunciation: (chēz),[key] —v.t.,cheesed, chees•ing.Slang. to stop; desist.
—interj. cheese it, a. look out!
b. run away!
Pronunciation: (chēz),[key] —n.Slang. a person or thing that is important or splendid.