Pronunciation: (klot), Strict Standards: Non-static method FenSites::linkTo() should not be called statically in /site/html/dictionary/clot.html on line 71 [key]
—n., v., clot•ted, clot•ting.
1. a mass or lump.
2. a semisolid mass, as of coagulated blood.
3. a small compact group of individuals: a clot of sightseers massed at the entrance.
4. Brit. Informal.blockhead, dolt, clod.
to form into clots; coagulate.
1. to cause to clot.
2. to cover with clots: Carefully aimed snowballs clotted the house.
3. to cause to become blocked or obscured: to clot the book's narrative with too many characters.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.