—adj., n.kun-fed'ur-it, -fed'rit;
—v.kun-fed'u-rāt"), Strict Standards: Non-static method FenSites::linkTo() should not be called statically in /site/html/dictionary/confederate.html on line 83 [key]
—adj., n., v., -at•ed, -at•ing.
1. united in a league, alliance, or conspiracy.
2. (cap.) of or pertaining to the Confederate States of America: the Confederate army.
1. a person, group, nation, etc., united with others in a confederacy; an ally.
2. an accomplice, esp. in a mischievous or criminal act.
3. (cap.) U.S. Hist.a supporter of the Confederate States of America.
to unite in a league, alliance, or conspiracy.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.