—n. 1. anything composed of heterogeneous materials or elements.
2. a corporation consisting of a number of subsidiary companies or divisions in a variety of unrelated industries, usually as a result of merger or acquisition.
3. Geol.a rock consisting of pebbles or the like embedded in a finer cementing material; consolidated gravel.
—adj. 1. gathered into a rounded mass; consisting of parts so gathered; clustered.
2. consisting of heterogeneous parts or elements.
3. of or pertaining to a corporate conglomerate.
4. Geol.of the nature of a conglomerate.
—v.t. 1. to bring together into a cohering mass.
2. to gather into a ball or rounded mass.
—v.i. 1. to collect or cluster together.
2. (of a company) to become part of or merge with a conglomerate.