Pronunciation: ( —n.kong'gris; —v.kun-gres', kung-),[key] —n. 1. (cap.)
a. the national legislative body of the U.S., consisting of the Senate, or upper house, and the House of Representatives, or lower house, as a continuous institution.
b. this body as it exists for a period of two years during which it has the same membership: the 96th Congress. c. a session of this body: to speak in Congress. 2. the national legislative body of a nation, esp. of a republic.
3. a formal meeting or assembly of representatives for the discussion, arrangement, or promotion of some matter of common interest.
4. the act of coming together; an encounter; meeting.
5. an association, esp. one composed of representatives of various organizations.
6. familiar relations; dealings; intercourse.
7. coitus; sexual intercourse.