Pronunciation: (kon"sti-tOO'shun, -tyOO'-),[key] —n. 1. the way in which a thing is composed or made up; makeup; composition: the chemical constitution of the cleanser. 2. the physical character of the body as to strength, health, etc.: He has a strong constitution. 3. Med.,Psychol.the aggregate of a person's physical and psychological characteristics.
4. the act or process of constituting; establishment.
5. the state of being constituted; formation.
6. any established arrangement or custom.
7. (cap.) See Constitution of the United States. 8. the system of fundamental principles according to which a nation, state, corporation, or the like, is governed.
9. the document embodying these principles.
10. Archaic.character or condition of mind; disposition; temperament.
an American 44-gun frigate, famous for its exploits in the War of 1812 and popularly called “Old Ironsides.”