Pronunciation: (kun-vûr'juns),[key] —n. 1. an act or instance of converging.
2. a convergent state or quality.
3. the degree or point at which lines, objects, etc., converge.
4. Ophthalm.a coordinated turning of the eyes to bear upon a near point.
5. Physics. a. the contraction of a vector field.
b. a measure of this.
6. Meteorol.a net flow of air into a given region. Cf. divergence (def. 2).
7. Biol.similarity of form or structure caused by environment rather than heredity. Also,con•ver'gen•cy(for defs. 1–3).