Pronunciation: ( —v.kon'voi, kun-voi'; —n.kon'voi),[key] —v.t. to accompany or escort, usually for protection: A destroyer convoyed the merchant ship.
—n. 1. the act of convoying.
2. the protection provided by an escort.
3. a ship, fleet, group of vehicles, etc., accompanied by a protecting escort.
4. an armed force, warship, etc., that escorts, esp. for protection.
5. any group of military vehicles traveling together under the same orders.
6. CB Radio Slang.two or more CB-equipped vehicles traveling together.