Pronunciation: (kôr'ul, kor'-),[key] —n. 1. the hard, variously colored, calcareous skeleton secreted by certain marine polyps.
2. such skeletons collectively, forming reefs, islands, etc.
3. the solitary or colonial polyp that secretes this calcareous skeleton.
4. a reddish yellow; light yellowish red; pinkish yellow.
5. the unimpregnated roe or eggs of the lobster that when boiled take on the color of red coral.
6. something made of coral, as an ornament, piece of jewelry, or a child's toy.
—adj. 1. made of coral: a coral reef; coral ornamentation. 2. making coral: a coral polyp. 3. resembling coral, esp. in color; yellowish-red.
Pronunciation: (kôr'ul, kor'-),[key] —n. a female given name.