—v.t. 1. to derange or impair the mind of; make insane: He was crazed by jealousy. 2. to make small cracks on the surface of (a ceramic glaze, paint, or the like); crackle.
3. Brit. Dial.to crack.
4. Archaic.to weaken; impair: to craze one's health. 5. Obs.to break; shatter.
—v.i. 1. to become insane; go mad.
2. to become minutely cracked, as a ceramic glaze; crackle.
3. Metall. a. (of a case-hardened object) to develop reticulated surface markings; worm.
b. (of an ingot) to develop an alligator skin as a result of being teemed into an old and worn mold.
4. Archaic.to fall to pieces; break.
—n. 1. a popular or widespread fad, fashion, etc.; mania: the newest dance craze. 2. insanity; an insane condition.
3. a minute crack or pattern of cracks in the glaze of a ceramic object.
4. Obs.flaw; defect.