—n. 1. a ridge or groove produced in anything by folding, heat, pressure, etc.; fold; furrow.
2. a wrinkle, esp. one on the face.
3. the straight, vertical edge or line produced in the front and back of trousers, esp. men's trousers, by pressing, as with a steam presser or iron.
4. Ice Hockey.the marked rectangular area in front of each goal cage, into which an offensive player can skate only if that player has the puck, if the puck is already within the area, or if the goalie is absent.
5. Cricket. a. See bowling crease. b. See popping crease.
—v.t. 1. to make a crease or creases in or on; wrinkle.
2. to wound or stun by a furrowing or superficial shot: The bullet merely creased his shoulder.