Pronunciation: (krô'sing, kros'ing),[key] —n. 1. the act of a person or thing that crosses.
2. a place where lines, streets, tracks, etc., cross each other.
3. a place at which a road, railroad track, river, etc., may be crossed.
4. hybridization; crossbreeding.
5. the act of opposing or thwarting; frustration; contradiction.
6. the intersection of nave and transept in a cruciform church.
7. Railroads.a track structure composed of four connected frogs, permitting two tracks to cross each other at grade with sufficient clearance for wheel flanges.