Pronunciation: (krum),[key] —n. 1. a small particle of bread, cake, etc., that has broken off.
2. a small particle or portion of anything; fragment; bit.
3. the soft inner portion of a bread (distinguished from crust).
4. crumbs,a cake topping made of sugar, flour, butter, and spice, usually crumbled on top of the raw batter and baked with the cake.
5. Slang.a contemptibly objectionable or worthless person.
—v.t. 1. Cookery.to dress or prepare with crumbs.
2. to break into crumbs or small fragments.
3. to remove crumbs from: The waiter crumbed the table.