Pronunciation: (kûr'unt, kur'-),[key] —adj. 1. passing in time; belonging to the time actually passing: the current month. 2. prevalent; customary: the current practice. 3. popular; in vogue: current fashions. 4. new; present; most recent: the current issue of a publication. 5. publicly reported or known: a rumor that is current. 6. passing from one to another; circulating, as a coin.
7. Archaic.running; flowing.
8. Obs.genuine; authentic.
—n. 1. a flowing; flow, as of a river.
2. something that flows, as a stream.
3. a large portion of air, large body of water, etc., moving in a certain direction.
4. the speed at which such flow moves; velocity of flow.
5. Elect.See electric current. 6. a course, as of time or events; the main course; the general tendency.