Pronunciation: (dē'kun),[key] —n. 1. (in hierarchical churches) a member of the clerical order next below that of a priest.
2. (in other churches) an appointed or elected officer having variously defined duties.
3. (in Freemasonry) either of two officers in a masonic lodge.
—v.t. 1. to pack (vegetables or fruit) with only the finest pieces or the most attractive sides visible.
2. to falsify (something); doctor.
3. to castrate (a pig or other animal).
4. to read aloud (a line of a psalm, hymn, etc.) before singing it.