—n. 1. small cubes of plastic, ivory, bone, or wood, marked on each side with one to six spots, usually used in pairs in games of chance or in gambling.
2. See poker dice. 3. any of various games, esp. gambling games, played by shaking and throwing from two to six dice or poker dice onto a flat surface. Cf. craps. 4. any small cubes.
5. Auto Racing.a jockeying for lead position between two or more drivers in which tactics are used to pass or keep from being passed.
6. no dice,Informal.of no use or help; ineffective.
—v.t. 1. to cut into small cubes.
2. to decorate with cubelike figures.
3. to lose by gambling with dice (often fol. by away).
—v.i. 1. to play at dice.
2. to cause or bring about by gambling with dice.
3. Auto Racing.to duel with another car or cars in a dice.