Pronunciation: (drag'un),[key] —n. 1. a mythical monster generally represented as a huge, winged reptile with crested head and enormous claws and teeth, and often spouting fire.
2. Archaic.a huge serpent or snake.
3. Bible.a large animal, possibly a large snake or crocodile.
4. the dragon,Satan.
5. a fierce, violent person.
6. a very watchful and strict woman.
7. See flying dragon. 8. Bot.any of several araceous plants, as Arisaema dracontium(green dragon or dragonroot), the flowers of which have a long, slender spadix and a green, shorter spathe.
9. a short musket carried by a mounted infantryman in the 16th and 17th centuries.
10. a soldier armed with such a musket.
11. (cap.) Astron.the constellation Draco.