Pronunciation: (dres'ur),[key] —n. 1. a person who dresses.
2. a person employed to dress actors, care for costumes, etc., at a theater, television studio, or the like.
3. Chiefly Brit.a surgeon's assistant.
4. a person who dresses in a particular manner, as specified: a fancy dresser; a careful and distinctive dresser. 5. any of several tools or devices used in dressing materials.
6. Metalworking. a. a block, fitting into an anvil, on which pieces are forged.
b. a mallet for shaping sheet metal.
7. a tool for truing the surfaces of grinding wheels.
Pronunciation: (dres'ur),[key] —n. 1. a dressing table or bureau.
2. a sideboard or set of shelves for dishes and cooking utensils.
3. Obs.a table or sideboard on which food is dressed for serving.