Pronunciation: (dus'tur),[key] —n. 1. a person or thing that removes or applies dust.
2. a cloth, brush, etc., for removing dust.
3. a lightweight housecoat.
4. an apparatus or device for sprinkling dust, powder, insecticide, or the like, esp. on plants.
5. a person employed in spreading insecticidal dusts or the like on crops from a low-flying plane.
6. a long, light overgarment, worn esp. in the early days of open automobiles to protect the clothing from dust.
7. a summer-weight coat for women that is loose-fitting and often unlined.
8. See dust storm. 9. Baseball.a ball purposely thrown by a pitcher at or dangerously close to a batter.
10. See dry hole. 11. (cap.) Mil.a self-propelled U.S. antiaircraft gun of the 1950s, armed with twin 40mm cannon.