Pronunciation: (el'i-gunt), Strict Standards: Non-static method FenSites::linkTo() should not be called statically in /site/html/dictionary/elegant.html on line 75 [key]
1. tastefully fine or luxurious in dress, style, design, etc.: elegant furnishings.
2. gracefully refined and dignified, as in tastes, habits, or literary style: an elegant young gentleman; an elegant prosodist.
3. graceful in form or movement: an elegant wave of the hand.
4. appropriate to refined taste: a man devoted to elegant pursuits.
5. excellent; fine; superior: an absolutely elegant wine.
6. (of scientific, technical, or mathematical theories, solutions, etc.) gracefully concise and simple; admirably succinct.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.