Pronunciation: (ig-zib'it),[key] —v.t. 1. to offer or expose to view; present for inspection: to exhibit the latest models of cars. 2. to manifest or display: to exhibit anger; to exhibit interest. 3. to place on show: to exhibit paintings. 4. to make manifest; explain.
5. Law.to submit (a document, object, etc.) in evidence in a court of law.
6. Med. Obs.to administer (something) as a remedy.
—v.i. to make or give an exhibition; present something to public view.
—n. 1. an act or instance of exhibiting; exhibition.
2. something that is exhibited.
3. an object or a collection of objects shown in an exhibition, fair, etc.
4. Law.a document or object exhibited in court and referred to and identified in written evidence.