Pronunciation: (fi-del'i-tē, fī-), Strict Standards: Non-static method FenSites::linkTo() should not be called statically in /site/html/dictionary/fidelity.html on line 71 [key]
1. strict observance of promises, duties, etc.: a servant's fidelity.
2. loyalty: fidelity to one's country.
3. conjugal faithfulness.
4. adherence to fact or detail.
5. accuracy; exactness: The speech was transcribed with great fidelity.
6. Audio., Video.the degree of accuracy with which sound or images are recorded or reproduced.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.