Pronunciation: (fil'ur),[key] —n. 1. a person or thing that fills: a filler for pies; a filler of orders. 2. a thing or substance used to fill a gap, cavity, or the like.
3. a substance used to fill cracks, pores, etc., in a surface before painting or varnishing.
4. a liquid, paste, or the like used to coat a surface or to give solidity, bulk, etc., to a substance, as paper or a chemical powder.
5. Journalism.material, considered of secondary importance, used to fill out a column or page.
6. an implement used in filling, as a funnel.
7. cotton, down, or other material used to stuff or pad an object, as a quilt or cloth toy.
8. material placed between the insole and the exterior sole of a shoe.
9. Ling.(esp. in tagmemics) one of a class of items that can fit into a given slot in a construction.
10. Building Trades.a plate, slab, block, etc., inserted between two parallel members to connect them.
11. the tobacco forming the body of a cigar.
12. metal in the form of a rod or wire, used in brazing, welding, and soldering.
Pronunciation: (fē'lâr, fil'âr),[key] —n., —pl.-lér. an aluminum coin of Hungary, the 100th part of a forint. Also,fil'ler.