Pronunciation: (fish'ur),[key] —n. 1. any animal that catches fish for food.
2. a fisherman.
3. a dark-brown or blackish marten, Martes pennanti, of northern North America.
4. the fur of this animal.
Pronunciation: (fish'ur),[key] —n. 1. Andrew, 1862–1928, Australian statesman, born in Scotland: prime minister 1908–09, 1910–13, 1914–15.
2. Dorothy Can•field Pronunciation: (kan'fēld"),[key](Dorothea Frances Canfield Fisher), 1879–1958, U.S. novelist.
3. Irving, 1867–1947, U.S. political economist.
4. Saint John(“John of Rochester”), c1469–1535, English Roman Catholic prelate and humanist: executed for treason.
5. John Arbuthnot,1st Baron Fisher of Kil•ver•stonePronunciation: (kil'vur-stun),[key]1841–1920, British admiral.